CHUCK SAMBUCHINO is a bestselling humor book writer, a freelance editor, and a former editor for Writer’s Digest Books for many years. During his time with WD Books (until 2017), he edited the GUIDE TO LITERARY AGENTS as well as the CHILDREN’S WRITER’S & ILLUSTRATOR’S MARKET. His Guide to Literary Agents Blog was one of the biggest blogs in publishing, averaging more than 350,000 page views each month. He was named by Forbes as one of the top influencers in publishing in recognition of his personal Twitter.
He loves connecting with writers and helping them get published & sell more books.
His first humor book, HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK (gnomeattack.com), was released in Sept. 2010 and has been featured by Reader’s Digest, USA Today, the New York Times and AOL News. The film rights were optioned by Sony and director Robert Zemeckis (Back to the Future). The book was translated into several languages. His newest humor book is WHEN CLOWNS ATTACK: A SURVIVAL GUIDE (Ten Speed Press, fall 2015), which was mentioned by New York magazine four months before its release.
In addition, Chuck’s also written three other writing-related titles: the third edition of FORMATTING & SUBMITTING YOUR MANUSCRIPT (2009), as well as CREATE YOUR WRITER PLATFORM (fall 2012). His latest writing guide is GET A LITERARY AGENT (Jan 2015).
Chuck is a former staffer of several newspapers and magazines—most notably Writer’s Digest. During his tenure as a newspaper reporter, he won awards from both the Kentucky Press Association and the Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalists. He is a produced playwright, with both original and commissioned works produced. During the past fifteen, more than 700 of his articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines and books.
Besides that, he is a husband, exhausted father of a toddler, cover band guitarist, chocolate chip cookie fiend, movie lover, competitive retro gamer, and owner of a flabby-yet-lovable dog named Graham.
INTERVIEWS WITH CHUCK:
If you’re interested in interviewing Chuck, simply contact him at chuck.sambuchino(at)fwmedia(dot)com. Note that the list of interviews below are regarding his general writing and editing. To see articles written about his GNOMES humor book of RED DOG / BLUE DOG, click on the “Gnomes” page of this website.
- Writer Unboxed (Aug. 2007)
- Writers on the Rise (April 2008)
- Novelists, Inc. (Dec. 2009)
- Texas Sweethearts Writers Page (Feb. 2010)
- SCBWI Interview (July 2010)
- Clarksville Online Article (Aug. 2010)
- An Interview With Elizabeth West (Sept. 2010)
- An interview with editor A. Victoria Mixon (Sept. 2010)
- Cincinnati.com Interview (Sept. 2010)
- Last Draft Writers Group Interview (Nov. 2011)
- Interview with The Write Stuff & Brittany Roshelle (Dec. 2010)
- Interview with Ramblings From the Left (Dec. 2010)
- GeekMom.com’s interview with me (March 2011)
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Interview (Chiseled in Rock) (March 2011)
- Red Sofa Chats — Red Sofa Literary Interview (April 2011)
- A humorous interview on M. Christine Weber’s site (April 2011)
- Interview with on social media expert Alexis Grant’s website (May 2011)
- Agent Andrea Hurst’s “Authornomics” Interview Series (July 2011)
- GoodEReader.com Interview (July 2011)
- An interview with Julie Munroe Martin of wordsxo.com (February 2012)
- The Kill Zone — talking thriller writing and listing agents that take thrillers (October 2015)
- Interview with Jane Friedman — talking about the principles of getting published (October 2015)
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers (October 2015)
- Kite Tales Blog (SoCal SCBWI) (October 2015)