CHUCK SAMBUCHINO is an editor for Writer’s Digest Books, a bestselling humor book writer, and a freelance editor. He works for Writer’s Digest Books and edits the GUIDE TO LITERARY AGENTS as well as the CHILDREN’S WRITER’S & ILLUSTRATOR’S MARKET. His Guide to Literary Agents Blog is one of the biggest blogs in publishing, and he also blogs for WriterUnboxed.com.
His first humor book, HOW TO SURVIVE A GARDEN GNOME ATTACK (gnomeattack.com), was released in Sept. 2010 and has been featured by Reader’s Digest, USA Today, the New York Times and AOL News. The film rights were recently optioned by Sony and director Robert Zemeckis.
In addition, Chuck’s also written two other writing-related titles: the third edition of FORMATTING & SUBMITTING YOUR MANUSCRIPT (2009), as well as CREATE YOUR WRITER PLATFORM (fall 2012). He was recently named by Forbes as one of the top influencers in publishing. His latest writing guide is GET A LITERARY AGENT (Jan 2015).
Chuck is a former staffer of several newspapers and magazines—most notably Writer’s Digest. During his tenure as a newspaper reporter, he won awards from both the Kentucky Press Association and the Cincinnati Society of Professional Journalists. He is a produced playwright, with both original and commissioned works produced. During the past decade, more than 700 of his articles have appeared in newspapers, magazines and books.
Besides that, he is a husband, sleep-deprived new father, cover band guitarist, chocolate chip cookie fiend, movie lover, retro gamer, and owner of a flabby-yet-lovable dog named Graham.
PRINT INTERVIEWS WITH CHUCK:
If you’re interested in interviewing Chuck, simply contact him at chuck.sambuchino(at)fwmedia(dot)com. Note that the list of interviews below are regarding his general writing and editing. To see articles written about his GNOMES humor book of RED DOG / BLUE DOG, click on the “Gnomes” page of this website.
- Writer Unboxed (Aug. 2007)
- Writers on the Rise (April 2008)
- Novelists, Inc. (Dec. 2009)
- Texas Sweethearts Writers Page (Feb. 2010)
- SCBWI Interview (July 2010)
- Clarksville Online Article (Aug. 2010)
- An Interview With Elizabeth West (Sept. 2010)
- An interview with editor A. Victoria Mixon (Sept. 2010)
- Cincinnati.com Interview (Sept. 2010)
- Last Draft Writers Group Interview (Nov. 2011)
- Interview with The Write Stuff & Brittany Roshelle (Dec. 2010)
- Interview with Ramblings From the Left (Dec. 2010)
- GeekMom.com’s interview with me (March 2011)
- Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers Interview (Chiseled in Rock) (March 2011)
- Red Sofa Chats — Red Sofa Literary Interview (April 2011)
- A humorous interview on M. Christine Weber’s site (April 2011)
- Interview with on social media expert Alexis Grant’s website (May 2011)
- Agent Andrea Hurst’s “Authornomics” Interview Series (July 2011)
- GoodEReader.com Interview (July 2011)
- An interview with Julie Munroe Martin of wordsxo.com (February 2012)